Thomas grew up in a family that breathed photography, his father was a cinema photography director, his mother worked at Kodak and his brother worked in advertising, he’s destiny was set to be involved with imaging and he started out by working 10 years in the biggest advertising photography studio in southern Brasil where he learned the many stages of the photography process. He will talk about that process and how that influenced his training as a professional photographer and ultimately, how it influenced his creative work producing stunning 360º Panoramas as the one above by mixing advertising photography techniques with panoramic photography.
- Studied Advertising and Propaganda at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil.
- Worked for 10 year in the most awarded advertising photography studion in southern Brasil.
- Worked with all film formats from 35mm, 120, 4×5, 8×10, etc, all the way up to the digital photography of current days.
- Starts his first company in 2003, Thomas Chin Erh Photography. Changed the focus of his work to 360º imaging in 2008 and since then his company is called 360 shots, producing Virtual Tours, Gigapixel imaging and panoramas.
- First contact with immersive photography was when the first iPod was launched. Liekd the idea and started to develop 360º object photography projects in QTVR.
- Purchased his first panohead in 2004, the Manfrotto 303SPH QTVR.
- Known among friends as a sort of Inspector gadget, he loves novelties and is always in constant search of new developments in hardware and software to better his panoramic work. Owner of the first Gigapan Epic Pro in Brasil and the first Seitz VRDrive 2 in Latin America.