Panoramic photography is about capturing the immersive experience of a specific location at a specific time. When we as photographers are capturing a location, our view is not limited. We are shooting in 360 degrees! But why are we limiting ourselves to small prints and displays to show our work?
Panoramas can not only be shown as art prints, in books; or as interactive VR panoramas on websites and tablet/mobile devices. To deliver the original experience of a scene to the viewer we need new display techniques.
Apart from such immersive displays, panoramic and gigapixel photography can sometimes even be used for non-standard applications – as for example group portraits. But these special projects also need special preparations.
Matthias Taugwalder will show based on several projects how panoramas can be displayed to deliver this unique immersive experience and how one can use software tools for the advance planning of such unusal projects.
- Born 1981, grown up in Zermatt/Switzerland in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
- Master Studies in Business Informatics at the University of Zurich/Switzerland.
- Realized several exhibition projects in the past years about Alpine Panoramic Photography for museums in Switzerland.
- His company CONCEPT360 GmbH is specialized on the usage of panoramas for media companies, museums and advertising agencies.
- His clients are for example media companies as Ringier or Gruner+Jahr; or manufacturers of outdoor equipment such as MAMMUT Sports Group Switzerland.