Aaron will bring us a talk on the Seaview project covering the initial development until now. The project is run by Underwater Earth, a non-profit organisation and funded by Catlin a Multinational Insurance company.
In late 2011 Panedia was called in to develop the systems for single shot underwater panorama photography, post production & web display technologies. The pilot program launched on 22nd February 2012 to worldwide acclaim, seeing over 1 million panorama views in the first 10 days.
Seaview Pilot Project: http://www.catlinseaviewsurvey.com/seaview.htm
Currently resides on the Gold Coast, Australia.
- Aaron Spence has been a professional photographer since high school in the late 1980′s
- He went digital in 1996 and headed deep into multimedia via interactive cd-rom and the web
- In 1999 he combined his photographic and multimedia/interactive work to start shooting 360 Panoramas
- From 2006 until now he has been developing and working with the technology of Panedia, which initially combined flash based panoramas with Google Maps, before the days of StreetView, and today encompasses many more technologies
- Founder and owner of Panedia.com